Here I have explained basic steps on How to Smoke Brisket in a Charcoal Grill which will make your smoking method more easy.
I have also included instructions on how to cook it quickly.
I have covered some important queries related to smoke brisket.
Hope it will help you….
– Know more about small Charcoal Grill in detail.
How to Smoke Brisket in a Charcoal Grill- step by step
You may need:
- Wood chunks- mesquite, hickory
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil
- Charcoal Chimney
- Instant-Read Thermometer
- Aluminum Pan
- Probe Thermometer
- Get the best brisket
- Trim the excess fats and give a nice shape.
You can season your brisket by injecting it with liquid brine or applying a dry rub.
Steps to follow:
Step 1: Season
You may need ingredients for seasoning:
- Brown sugar
- kosher salt
- Chili powder
- Rib rub
Steps to Brine:
- Combine brown sugar, kosher salt, pepper, chili powder, and rib rub in a mixing bowl.
- Rub mix ingredients over the brisket.
- Wrap the brisket in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Step 2: Light the charcoal
(I like to set up the charcoal in the snake method for smoking most brisket.)
Pour couples of charcoal into the charcoal chimney and let them burn.
Wait until they have turned into nice red hot ashes and are ready to be used.
Add your favorite wood.
Step 3: Prepare your Grill
Set the charcoal on a charcoal grate as a snack method.
Dump the burning charcoal right from where you started placing the charcoal in the snack method.
Allow it to reach a temperature of 225 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 4: Transfer brisket to your grill
Place the brisket on the cooking grate.
Place the brisket on the opposite side of the charcoal that can’t hold direct heat.
It means that the brisket should be smoked in an indirect manner.
Close the lid of your grill.
Sprinkle on brisket a mixture of apple juice and apple cider vinegar at regular intervals.
Every hour, rotate it clockwise. Make sure the brisket is getting enough smoke from all sides.
Adjust your vents as needed to maintain the desired temperature.
Check the temperature every other hour or 4 to 5 minutes.
Wrap your brisket when the internal temperature reaches 160-165 degrees Fahrenheit or when it is tender on the inside.
# How long does it take to cook brisket on a charcoal grill?
It will take roughly 5–7 hours to cook brisket on a charcoal grill.
Cook your brisket until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, it also depends on whether you are using packer brisket or flat brisket.
# How to grill brisket fast?
Steps to follow:
- Trim your Brisket
Remove the fats
- Cut the brisket in half so you can rub the dry ingredients into it and cook it a little faster than usual.
- Season with mustard and dry rub. ( salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, cumin etc )
- Burn the charcoal to smoke the brisket.
After the charcoal turns completely red, transfer it to the grill. Add your favorite wood for flavor.
- If you want to season the cooking grate, do so as you wish.
- Starting temperature should be at 320 degree F when you put your brisket on the grate.
These are all methods I used in my pit barrel pbx.
- After an hour you have to cook at a slightly lower temperature between 275 to 90.
- Now place the brisket on the cooking grate and close the lid.
- Flip it upside down towards the fire every once in a while.
- Close the lid and let it cook for an hour.
- Flip it upside down and then spray apple cider vinegar and water every 20 minutes.
- After cooking like this for two hours, leave the brisket in the grill for another 45 minutes.
- Cook the brisket to the internal temperature of the pit between 275 and 320 for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and wrap it with foil.
- You can add some beef broth with the brisket in foil.
- Make sure the foil is packed tightly and place it back inside the grill for one hour.
- The entire cooking time is four and a half hours.
- Allow for one hour of rest before slicing.
- Jealous Devil All Natural Hardwood Lump Charcoal.
- Nitrile Gloves
- Cut Resistant Gloves
- Pickling Spice
- Wagyu Beef Tallow
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Duke’s Mayonaise
- Injector Gun Kit with Case
# Can I cook brisket on a charcoal grill?
Yes, you can cook brisket on a charcoal drill. You can cook better indirectly on a charcoal grill.
# How long do you smoke a brisket at 225?
If your smoker is set to 225 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit, the brisket should take around 1-1/2 to 2 hours per pound to cook.