Are you interested to know in detail How to Make Smoked Legs in Electric Smoker? So you’ve come to the right place..
Here I have covered how to smoke turkey legs in different temperature.
Also I have explained about-
- Pre smoked turkey leg and more on.
So let’s go ahead without delay..;
-Curious about smoking turkey breast? Dive into my guide on How to Smoke a Turkey Breast in an Electric Smoker.
-If you’re new to the world of electric smokers, I’ve got you covered. Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Electric Smokers.
-Maintenance is key! Learn the best practices in my article on Cleaning an Electric Smoker.
How to Smoke Turkey Legs in Electric Smoker
There are a few stages to making smoked turkey legs in an electric smoker.
Step 1: Choose Good Turkey Legs.
You must select “Tom Legs” which are derived from giant male turkeys rather than smaller female turkeys..
Step 2: Brine the turkey leg before smoking it.
To prepare brine, you need the ingredients salt, sugar and water. You can add more content.
Dip the turkey leg in this solution and keep it in the fridge overnight..
Step 3: Rinse the turkey legs.
After brining your turkey, give it a brief washing to get rid of any remaining salt or seasoning.
Rinse under the skin, where spices might get lodged..
Step 4: Dry the turkey legs
Pat the turkey dry with paper towels. Remove excess water before smoking to get brown skin.
Step 5: In the fifth step you have to season the turkey leg.
Use your favorite dry rub to season turkey legs. You can use cooking oil, garlic powder, sugar, onion powder, paprika, pepper etc. It means, make a delicious rub by combining any mix of spices.
Also what can be served with smoked turkey leg, you can prepare it…
Step 6: Prepare your smoker or preheat your smoker.
- Put the pellets in the hopper.
- Heat the smoker to 260 degrees Fahrenheit with the top vent open.
- Rinse the legs and pat them to dry with paper towels while your smoker is heating up.
Step 7: Place the turkey leg in the smoker
- Fill the water bowl with water and a wood tray with chips.
- Now you have to place the rack with the turkey legs.
- Cook for 2 to 3 hours, or until a digital meat thermometer reads 165°F on the internal temperature of the turkey leg.
- Don’t forget to replace the water bowl and wood chip tray.
- Take the turkey legs out of the smoker and cover them gently with foil.
- Give them 15 minutes to come to room temperature before serving.
- Now it’s ready to serve…
# How to brine Smoked Turkey Legs?
So, here I am explaining how to brine smoked turkey legs..
Equipment & Ingredients:
- A large size bowl
- You can use a bowl or a utensil to hold the water you need to submerge the turkey leg.
- You can also use a zip bag.
- large turkey legs or drumsticks.
- It is up to you how much you want to smoke according to the size of your smoker.
- Sea salt
- Brown sugar
Steps to follow:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing container.
- Take a bowl with water.
- Pour all of the ingredients into the bowl’s water.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the water and all of the ingredients until well incorporated.
- Place the turkey legs in plastic bags or in the container.
- If you have more leg pieces, divide the brine into two large plastic Ziploc bags.
- Then put the legs into the brine.
- Seal the bags or container gently.
- Place the bags in the fridge and refrigerate overnight.
- After keeping it in the fridge overnight, it will be ready to smoke the next day..
# How to smoke pre smoked turkey legs?
The steps for smoking pre-smoked turkey legs are described below..
Step 1: Take the turkey legs out of the fridge.
Step 2: Allow 30 minutes for them to get to room temperature.
Step 3: Place the turkey legs on the grill.
Step 4: Cook for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until the legs are extremely soft and the juices flow clear.
# How long do I smoke turkey legs at 225?
Smoke the turkey leg for 3 to 4 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F..
# What is the best wood to smoke turkey legs?
There are many different woods that can be used to smoke turkey legs..
However, the most suitable woods for turkey smoke are hickory and maypole.
Because Hickory has a unique and powerful flavor and Maple wood produces a sweeter smoke and impart a beautiful golden tint…
In conclusion, smoking turkey legs in an electric smoker is an easy and delectable way to make this traditional dish.
You may get juicy, tender, and properly smoked turkey legs by following the instructions in this article.
Focusing on the tasty results is made possible by the electric smoker’s precise temperature control and hassle-free operation.
To make the flavor more to your liking, experiment with various wood chips and seasonings.
By using these methods and advice, you’ll be able to wow your loved ones with delightful smoked turkey legs that are guaranteed to be a favorite at any party..