Looking for best kingsford charcoal for smoking? You are in the right place.
I know it’s hard to avoid kingsford when it comes to smoking charcoal. Because of its price and various options.
Kingsford is still the choice for many
I usually like to use different brands. It really depends on what we want to cook.
Let me share you my insight on Kingsford charcoals…,
- #1 Kingsford Charcoal Original/kingsford Blue Charcoal.(More Smoke)
- #2 Kingsford Professional Charcoal (Less Ash Leftover)
- #3 Kingsford Hardwood /Kingsford Lump Charcoal (Best natural Flavour)
- #4 Kingsford apple wood charcoal
- #5 Kingsford Original Charcoal Briquettes with Mesquite(Best for tailgate parties /Backyard bbq)
- #6 Kingsford 32090 Match Light Charcoal Briquettes(Authentic Smokey Flavor)
- #7 Easy light charcoal (No Lighter Fluid or Preparation Required)
Best Kingsford Charcoal for Smoking
#1 Kingsford Charcoal Original/kingsford Blue Charcoal.(More Smoke)
This is one of the best products when it comes to grilling from Kingsford.
The ingredients of this charcoal are high quality ensuring high performance. It lights easily in a single stroke of a lighter.
The use of a chimney for starting the fire makes the work easier and quicker. When the fire is lit, it is ready to be used within 15 minutes.
It gives the natural flavour to the food being cooked. One thing about this charcoal is that it produces more smoke compared to other briquettes.
The simple disadvantage of this charcoal is that it leaves behind more ashes than others…
- READY IN 15 MINUTES: Bring friends and family together with Kingsford Original Charcoal Briquettes for barbecuing. These BBQ charcoal briquettes grill up your favorite foods in just 15 minutes! Thats 25% faster compared to other nationally available charcoal brands; Packaging may vary
- CHARCOAL with 100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Charcoal briquettes made with 100% natural ingredients and real wood. Two 12 pounds bag of original charcoal briquettes generate about 8 uses
- FAST HEATING GRILL CHARCOAL: This charcoal for grilling has more edges and surface area to catch the flame quickly with grooves that provide air channels for fast heating and even burning
- ORIGINAL BBQ FLAVOR: Perfect for backyard parties or tailgates - infuse authentic smoky, wood-fired flavor into beef, chicken, pork, fish, veggies and more
- MADE IN THE USA: Kingsford charcoal briquettes are the perfect all-purpose BBQ briquettes for your next cookout made in the USA with natural ingredients from North America
#2 Kingsford Professional Charcoal (Less Ash Leftover)
The bag that comes weighs around 12 pounds containing 100% natural Professional Charcoal. It is used for grilling, searing and even for a slow cooking process.
The charcoal after being lit is ready within 10minutes for the work.
This charcoal provides consistent heat and the temperature control for professional quality results.
The ash left behind is low in quantity which is a good sign of complete burning of the fuel and even low mess of the ashes..
My friend shared the experience of brown smoke containing chemicals produced by it which is less harmful to the body.
But I have not experienced this type of smoke. Good for me..
Some of the pros and cons are:
- Easy to light chimney.
- Produces less ashes.
- Best for grilling and higher temperature cooks.
- Generally more expensive.
- The temperature becomes too hot for BBQing metals.
- Burn time is shorter than the original.
#3 Kingsford Hardwood /Kingsford Lump Charcoal (Best natural Flavour)
Kingsford hardwood is the one that gives the authentic natural flavour. This is used for the cooking of the ribs, searing.
It also lasts long and can cook a lot of the item for a long period of time.
The good thing about this charcoal is that there is no chemical taste over a food being cooked.
It is totally natural wood. So the ash produced is low in amount. It can even used for searing which require a high heat.
This charcoal is great for smokers and even ceramic grills.
- HIGH-HEAT BRIQUETTES: Bring friends and family together with Kingsford 100% Natural Hardwood Charcoal Briquettes for barbecuing. These BBQ charcoal briquettes grill up your favorite foods with the high-heat searing capabilities of lump charcoal
- NATURAL LUMP CHARCOAL: Lump charcoal briquettes made with 100% natural, premium, long-lasting ingredients including real American unprocessed hardwood great for grilling and smoking. Each 12 pound bag of Kingsford Hardwood Charcoal generates about 3 uses
- LONG BURNING GRILL CHARCOAL: This hardwood charcoal gives you high-heat searing capabilities with a longer and hotter burn time than traditional briquettes, making it great for slow cooking in ceramic grills or smokers
- REAL HARDWOOD FLAVOR: Infuse authentic smoky, real hardwood flavor into beef, chicken, pork, fish, veggies and more with these cleaner burning briquettes that are great for backyard parties or tailgates
- MADE IN THE USA: Kingsford charcoal briquettes are the perfect all-purpose hardwood briquettes for your next cookout made in the USA with natural ingredients from North America
Based on Flavor
As the name suggests, the charcoal has an apple flavour. It is a fast heating grill charcoal. This charcoal brings a subtle smoke and sweetness to the meat.
I usually like using it when I am grilling beef, chicken and sometimes fish. It purely depends on the mood if I want the flavour. And the taste it provides is pretty good.
It lights fast and takes around 15 minutes to burn and the burning lasts long. This charcoal burns quickly and won’t stay lit for long. It is quite difficult to light than others, even in the chimney.
A few days back I had an opportunity to converse with a friend who uses this charcoal. He said he smoked 12 hrs of smoke for a pork shoulder.
He never had to refill for 8lbs. It gives a great flavor and the temperature is consistent.
#5 Kingsford Original Charcoal Briquettes with Mesquite(Best for tailgate parties /Backyard bbq)
Kingsford original charcoal briquette mixed with Mesquite gives a dashing mesquite flavour. The flavour is uncommon in taste.
The infused charcoal gives a bold and robust smoky flavour. It is mostly used for tailgate parties or backyard bbq.
The certain pieces are too small which are even smaller than normal charcoal briquettes.
Like other charcoal it also takes around 15 minutes to get ready for the work.
Overall it is a good charcoal with great flavor without additives. It has very little ash leftover which is a story telling of the quality kind.
This is best if you are looking for very less ash leftovers. So you don’t want too much ashes to impact the food.
Best on Ignition
#6 Kingsford 32090 Match Light Charcoal Briquettes(Authentic Smokey Flavor)
This type of charcoal needs no lighter fluid to light it. you only have to light a match to the coals. It is a sure fire grooves for easy and quick lighting.
After 10 minutes of burning coal it is ready for me to start cooking. I like the high quality ingredients and real wood used for making it.
The best thing about this is that it delivers an authentic smoky flavour..
- One 12 pound bag of match light charcoal briquettes
- No lighter fluid needed, just light a match to the coals
- Sure fire grooves for quick and easy lighting
- Ready to cook on in about 10 minutes
- Made with high quality ingredients
#7 Easy light charcoal (No Lighter Fluid or Preparation Required)
If you are in search of a charcoal where no lighter fluid or preparation is needed than you must go for this.
It is made with natural ingredients and real wood.
It makes impromptu grilling fun and easy. It is very convenient and portable. it has a fire groove technology for fast and easy lighting.
The little bag in a small grill is enough to cook burgers, ribs and chicken before they are burnt out. For lighting you can place the whole of the bag in the chamber and start lighting the edges of the bag and let it burn completely.
But if you are preparing for the larger meals you need to have 2 bags of charcoal.
- One 2.8 pound Easy Light bag of Charcoal Briquets
- No lighter fluid or prep needed
- Sure Fire Grooves for quick and easy lighting
- Made with natural ingredients and real wood
- Delivers an authentic smoky flavor
– Know about Best Charcoal Briquettes.
# How to arrange charcoal in a smoker?
Arranging the charcoal in the smoker is one of the easiest and most interesting things to do. It is not about the how much charcoal you have but about the arrangement of how much have.
There are different ways of doing it. I prefer the snake method since I have been using this method.
# Lump Charcoal vs Briquettes for Smoking?
Lump is made of 100% all natural carbonized wood. Briquettes are made from compressed sawdust.
Lump burns longer and cleaner than the briquettes.
# What is the best fuel for smokers?
Charcoal is great for smoking and grilling. It is portable, versatile and gives the smoky flavor especially combined with some wood chips.
# What are charcoal briquettes?
Charcoal briquettes are made from the leftovers of the wood chips mixed with sawdust and combined with other ingredients and compressed in the cylindrical shape under certain pressure. It is lightweight and portable.
# What is the best Kingsford charcoal for BBQ?
Kingsford original is the best charcoal for bbq.
# How much charcoal to use in a smoker?
It depends on the amount of time that you are cooking. If you are cooking for a long 12 hours, better use a lump.
It is because the briquettes produce so much of the ash that it disturbs the flow of air to the chamber and thus disturbs the temperature control.
Lump produces ash if used for a long time, so be prepared to remove the ash anytime.
# What is hardwood lump charcoal?
The pure, simple, high quality charcoal that has no filters and binders are the hardwood lump charcoal. It is made from a hard wood which has the quality of burning for a long period of time.
# Is Kingsford charcoal good for smoking?
It is the basis for small charcoal smokers. it may take a time to light it up and see the flames. but when the fire is burnt it will last for a long time. Some self igniting charcoal contain paraffin, products from petroleum that catches fire easily.
# Is kingsford charcoal ash good for plants?
If we use the charcoal that is additive free, wood charcoal , it can be later used as a fertilizer. In that case Kingsford charcoal is safe to use. The ash produced contains potassium carbonate which is nutritious for many plants for their upbringing.
However avoid using regular briquettes as fertilizers as this can harm the growth of a plant.
# How long does charcoal burn in a smoker?
Depending on the amount being put up in the chamber, that long it lasts..
# How often do you add charcoal to a smoker?
Check in five minutes when you start out. if the level of the charcoal has decreased keep on adding. Move the vents and even guesswork will be done in order to add the charcoal. Once you find it out you may need to refuel every 2 hrs. or so..
In conclusion, the best Kingsford charcoal choices for smoking described in this article provide reliable performance, lengthy burn periods, and constant heat for achieving that true smokey flavor.
Kingsford has a wide selection of premium goods that produce excellent results, whether you want briquettes or lump charcoal. In order to improve the flavor of your meats, these charcoals were created specifically for smoking.
They offer the ideal ratio of heat to smoke.
To improve your outdoor cooking experience, select the Kingsford charcoal that best meets your smoking requirements.
You may appreciate the art of smoking and consistently produce delectable, smoky foods with these highly regarded solutions.