Here I have explained most of your queries about Traeger Mods . I have always struggled to find proper information on the Mods.
Therefore, whatever from my experiences in doing and learning about the Mods , I have tried to share the best of helpful information.
I have tried to cover some common queries like Traeger Folding Shelf mod,Traeger Jr Grill & stuff holder mods,Tailgate wheels mod,Traeger smoke stack mod,Traeger mods for more smoke,Accessories etc. I surely hope it solves your problem .
- Traeger Modifications (Traeger Junior Modifications)
- Traeger Modifications (Traeger pro34 mods)
- Find all types of Traeger Accessories here
Be sure to check out
Traeger Modifications (Traeger Junior Modifications)
Mod 1: Grill grate
- Cut four pieces of aluminum angle.
- Fix with screw. It should be a little up above the bottom grill.
- Now place the second grill.
Mod 2: Traeger Folding Shelf mod
(Also works for pro22,575,650 Models)
- Remove all the interior components.
Sometimes the grill doesn’t come with a factory hole in that case you have to measure and mark both sides of the barrel. Both sides hole should be at the same level.
- If there is factory holes then remove the nuts and
- Fix the brackets with a captured nut a lock nut or a nighlok
- Now fix the shelf with brackets
Mod 3: Traeger Jr stuff holder mods
(Using Plastic Tube)
Fix a hook near the bucket holder and add a plastic tube.
You can add any designed holder it’s on you. Goal should be easy to work.
You can put all your stuff like knife, tong etc.
Mod 4: Tailgate wheels mod
- Take a drill bit and screw two holes on both legs.
- Insert the rod
- Add the wheel
- Fix with small metal and nuts from metal through thread rod.
Other Models and their modifications
Traeger Modifications (Traeger pro34 mods)
Here are some mods that you can do comfortably without help.
Mod 1: Barrel and lid gasket to stop smoke leakage
- Put gasket around lids lip and bottom side of the lid
- Same way you have to put gasket around the barrel
- Leave 5 to 6 inches from the top of both sides of the barrel and paste.
Mod 2: Traeger smoke stack mod
- Zero steel wool
- Philips bit
- Safety glasses
- Rustoleum Flat Black High Heat Paint
- Metal self tapping sheet metal screws
- Ultra black sealant
- Get a double wall insulated exhaust tube the same diameter .
- Remove the factory stacks cap and cut the bracket.
- Now take measurement to hole on exhaust tube .
- Make holes on exhaust tube at least two.
- Put a little gasket sealer around the smokestack which is attached with your smoker.
- Insert the exhaust tube and fix it with self-tapping metal screws.
- Spray paint prep and wipe with cloth
- Now spray paint
- Let dry
- You can use previous cap of smokestack
Mod 3: Traeger mods for more smoke
- Set your temperature a little high
- Remove the cooking grid and then drip pan
- Keep a little fire plate inside the smoker.
- Take a pouch of aluminum foil
- Wrap up with your favorite wood chips on that pouch.
- Add back your cooking grate and drip pan.
Also for more smoke you can add pellet tubes.
Find all types of Traeger Accessories here
- Traeger wheel kit
- Traeger Grills 10206 34 Series Insul Blanket, Grey
- Traeger Grills BAC503 Pro 575/22 Series Full Length Grill Cover, Black
- Wooden Scrape Grill Scraper
- Cooking Grate
- Drip Pan Heat Baffle
- All-Natural Hardwood Pellets
- BBQ Gloves Heat Resistant
- All Natural Cleaner
- Traeger BAC363 34 Series Folding Shelf
- Traeger Grills BAC442 Pro 780 Ironwood 885 Folding Front Shelf, Large, Black
- Traeger pro 575 bottom shelf
- Traeger grill stand
- Traeger rotisserie
Is the Traeger Pro 34 WiFi?
No, it cannot be Wifi enabled.
Can I upgrade my Traeger?
Yes you can easily upgrade your Traeger.
Can I use a Traeger in the winter?
Yes you can. However you might want to take good care while using it.
How long does a 20lb bag of Traeger pellets last?
You can cook for 6 to 20 hours with 20lb of Traeger pellets.
Can I leave my pellet grill outside in the winter?
No. They should be stored in a garage in winter.
What is the lowest temp on a Traeger?
The lowest temp on a Traeger is around 180 degrees.