Here I have explained most of your queries about Traeger Mods.
I have always struggled to find proper information on the Mods..
Therefore, from my experiences in doing and learning about the Mods. I have shared the best of helpful information which I have..
Some of the queries like :
- Traeger Folding Shelf mod
- Traeger Jr Grill & stuff holder mods
- Tailgate wheels mod
- Traeger smoke stack mod
- Traeger mods for more smoke
- Accessories etc.
I surely hope it solves your problem…
Be sure to check out
# Traeger Modifications (Traeger Junior Modifications)
Mod 1: Traeger mod with Grill grate
- Cut four pieces of aluminum angle.
- Fix with screw. It should be a little up above the bottom grill.
- Now place the second grill. . .
Mod 2: Traeger Folding Shelf mod
(Also works for pro22, 575, 650 Models)
- Remove all the interior components.
Sometimes the grill doesn’t come with a factory hole in that case you have to measure and mark both sides of the barrel.
- Both sides hole should be at the same level.
- If there is factory holes then remove the nuts.
- Fix the brackets with a captured nut or a lock nut.
- Now fix the shelf with brackets.
Mod 3: Traeger Jr stuff holder mods
(Using Plastic Tube)
Fix a hook near the bucket holder and add a plastic tube.
You can add any designed holder it’s on you..
Goal should be easy to work..
Mod 4: Tailgate wheels mod
- Take the drill bit and drill two holes on both legs.
- Insert the rod.
- Add the wheel.
- Fix with small metal and nuts from metal through thread rod..
Traeger mods with Other Models
# Traeger Modifications (Traeger pro 34 mods)
Here are some mods that you can do comfortably without help..
Mod 1: Barrel and lid gasket to stop smoke leakage
- Put gasket around lids lip and bottom side of the lid.
- Same way you have to put gasket around the barrel.
- Leave 5 to 6 inches from the top of both sides of the barrel and paste.
Mod 2: Traeger smoke stack mod
- Zero steel wool
- Philips bit
- Safety glasses
- Rustoleum Flat Black High Heat Paint
- Metal self tapping sheet metal screws
- Ultra black sealant
Steps to follow:
- Get a double wall insulated exhaust tube the same diameter.
- Remove the factory stacks cap and cut the bracket.
- Now take measurement to hole on exhaust tube .
- Make holes on exhaust tube at least two.
- Put a little gasket sealer around the smokestack which is attached with your smoker.
- Insert the exhaust tube and fix it with self-tapping metal screws.
- Spray paint prep and wipe with cloth.
- Now spray paint.
- Let dry.
- You can use previous cap of smokestack..
Mod 3: Traeger mods for more smoke
- Set your temperature a little high.
- Remove the cooking grid and then drip pan.
- Keep a little fire plate inside the smoker.
- Take a pouch of aluminum foil.
- Wrap up with your favorite wood chips on that pouch.
- Add back your cooking grate and drip pan.
Also for more smoke you can add pellet tubes..
# Traeger Grills smoke mode.
# Find all types of Traeger Accessories here.
- Traeger wheel kit
- Traeger Grills 34 Series Insulation Blanket
- Traeger Grills Pro 575/22 Series Grill Cover
- Traeger Grills Wooden Scrape Grill Scraper
- Cooking Grate
- Drip Pan Heat Baffle
- BBQ Gloves Heat Resistant
- All Natural Cleaner
- Traeger BAC363 34 Series Folding Shelf
- Traeger Grills Pro 780 Ironwood 885 Folding Front Shelf
- Traeger bottom shelf pro series 22
- 3″ Caster Wheel with Brake
- Traeger Pellet Grills Ironwood 885 Cover
- Traeger Digital Pro Controller
- Bucket Liner
- Digital Thermostat Kit
- Rubber Meat Probe Grommet
- Traeger Pellet Grills BBQ Cleaning Brush
- Traeger Pellet Grills Stay Dry Pellet Bin with Locking Lid
- Wheel 7 Inch Plastic Black Blow Molded
- Traeger Grills Signature Blend Hardwood Pellets
- Traeger Pro 780 Insulation Blanket
- Replacement Handle Traeger Tailgater 20 (Side & Lid Handle)
- Traeger 34 Series Full Length Grill Cover
- Traeger Pellet Sensor, Black
- Traeger Grills Pro 780 Grill Cover
- Nylon Grill Brush
- Traeger Grills Pork and Poultry Rub with Apple and Honey
- Traeger Pellet Grills Magnetic Tool Hooks
- Traeger Pellet Grills XXL BBQ Spatula
- Traeger cooking book
- Traeger Timberline Grill Cover-1300 Series Cover
- Traeger internal temperature guide magnet
- Traeger Hardwood Pellets
- Traeger Meat Probe Set
- Traeger Digital Instant Thermometer
- Traeger Grills Reversible Griddle
- Porcelain Coated Cast Iron Griddle with The Traeger Scout & Ranger Models
- Traeger Grills BBQ Power Inverter
#1 Is the Traeger Pro 34 WiFi?
No, the Traeger Pro 34 cannot be Wifi enabled..
#2 Can I upgrade my Traeger?
Yes you can easily upgrade your Traeger.
#3 Can I use a Traeger in the winter?
Yes you can use a Traeger in the winter. However you might want to take good care while using it..
#4 How long does a 20lb bag of Traeger pellets last?
You can cook for 6 to 20 hours with 20lb of Traeger pellets..
#5 Can I leave my pellet grill outside in the winter?
No. The pellet grill should be stored in a garage in winter..
#6 What is the lowest temp on a Traeger?
The lowest temp on a Traeger is around 180 degrees..
#7 What can I do to make my Traeger smoke better?
To make Traeger better begin by lowering your cooking temperature by roughly 50 degrees Fahrenheit and see how far you can get..
Cooking for an additional 30-45 minutes can help build up a larger amount of smoke..