Best Vertical Pellet Smoker can be hard to find especially when you have a lot of information out there.
Vertical smokers are well suited when space is your major requirement.
Also vertical smokers design can be very efficient in terms of fuels and its uses.
A vertical pellet smoker provides you an ample cooking space with multiple racks and a big hopper. This vertical pellet smoker is designed for low and slow smoking so that you can set your desired temperature.
To reduce the complexity in finding the right choice for your needs. We have compiled the best ones for you.
- Monitor internal temperatures with digital LED readout and meat probe
- Five porcelain coated cooking grids, 1548 sq in. Includes porcelain coated water pan and heat Deflector
- 40+ lb hopper capacity with pellet Purge. 24+ hours of use.
- Fully programmable 150 - 450 temperature range
- Auto-start 300 watt igniter with auto shut-off
5 Best Vertical Pellet Smokers
Also you can check our latest article on the ” Best Pellet Smokers in all category“.
#1 Pit Boss Grills | 5 Series (Best Overall)
- Cooking area : 1,513 square inch
- Control board : Digital PID
- Temperature range : 150°F – 420°F
- Hopper capacity : 60-pound
- Smoke duration : up to 35 hours
- Cooking grids : 5 porcelain coated cast iron
- Meat probe count : 1
- Cooking Type : Fan forced convection
- Automatic Start-Up : Yes
- Automatic Cool Down : Yes
- Fuel Type : 100% Hardwood Pellets
- Built Material : Heavy-duty steel
- Coating Type : High-temperature powder coat finish
- Ash management system : Yes, easy clean tray included.
- Wheels : Four caster
If you want to smoke a lot of food at a time, you never fail with Pit Boss grills 77550. It is an excellent programmable digital controller that gives you complete control of the 150-450F temperature range.
It has five porcelain-coated cooking grids where you can cook many foods.
There is a big hopper where you can put 60 pounds of pellets, but that is not a good idea to put many pellets together. You can change the pellets from the trapdoor.
You can smoke low & slow for 24 hours with a 40+ lb hopper.
This smoker is an auger feed system, it continually transfers the required amount of pellets, and the fan doesn’t let the fire extinguish. Sometimes auger is filled with sawdust. You can clean easily.
The Pit Boss 77550 has 1513 square inches cooking area, stainless steel meat probe, four caster wheels, a large viewing window, large capacity water pan,auto-start 300-watt igniter with auto shut-off, and double-walled construction. In winter, the blanket insulation protects the internal temperature.
The Pit Boss 77550 makes a unique taste with a smoky flavor, and it is easy to use.
- Digital PID control board
- Great customer service
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- High temp powder coat finish
- The grease tray doesn’t fit well
- Hard to move
- You have to be careful whenever you clean the sawdust.
- Control Board : Digital
- Primary Body: CRS High Heat Coating
- View Window: Full Door Length
- Cooking Space: 1.32m² (2,059 inch²)
- Number of Cooking Racks: 6
- Cubic Cooking Space: 0.17 m³
- Hopper Capacity: 27 kg
- Door Seals : High-Temperature Door Seals
- Wheel Type : Heavy Duty Caster Wheels
- Fuel Type : All-Natural Wood Pellets
- Temperature range : 37°C to 232°C
- Meat Probes : Two Meat Probes Included
The Louisiana Grills Vertical Pellet Smoker is a large and high-end cooking smoker. It has 2059 square inches of cooking surface. This smoker is not only beneficial for a large family or a huge party, but it is suited for restaurant operators and caterers also.
This Louisiana Grill is a 5 in 1 pellet smoker where you can roast, smoked, braised barbecues, and baked inside the smoker. Also, it gives you natural wood flavors.
The 6.2 hopper capacity allows you 60 pounds. You can smoke for more than 35 hours without refueling the hopper. From the hopper wind, you can check and control the hopper’s pellet level.
If you want to change the pellet, you have a small door behind the smoker that you can change the pellet from small door.
You just set the temperature and let the smoker do while you are busy with other work. Because this is a “set it and forget it” system. So Louisiana can be the right choice for busy people.
The viewing window is the one more important feature from where you can check the cooking without opening the door. The door is sealed with a gasket so smoke and heat can’t leak from the door.
The double-wall insulation comes with this pellet grill which controls the temperature at 3 degrees; it is an excellent thing to be shown accurate temperature in a smoker.
The Louisiana pellet grill has a great locking system because it pushes the door against the wall very tightly and saves smoke.
I’m sure that you will like the six cooking grates and it is under one water pan. You will be glad to know that the heat and this water will evaporate and keep a constant humidity level inside the cooking area.
The flame tamers protect the fire pot or plug, and there is one hole near the fire pot to collect the grease and ashes. All the oil and ashes are stored in the grease tray through the funnel.
It has a control board with the power button, celsius switch, temperature dial switch, and the prime button that you can press and hold to activate. This smoker is very simple and easy to use.
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- High temp powder coated finish
- Four sturdy locking caster wheels
- Porcelain-coated steel grids
- Two programmable meat probes
- Cooking temp range 100- 420 F
- Bulky and heavy
- Control Type : VP1 – Digital Control Center
- BTU Value : 20700
- Cooking Racks : 5
- Cooking Area : 721 SQ. IN.
- Hopper Capacity : 39 LBS.
The Pit Boss PBV3P1 is a copperhead three series great little unit with a control panel. This pellet smoker produces temperatures up to 450 degrees and as low as 150 for smoking.
The cooking process and internal temperature monitors with programmable digital LCD readout and meat probe.
It has porcelain-coated four racks so you can cook large amounts of food like brisket or pulled pork ribs.12 by 15 usable space on a shelf.
It has a pellet hopper that holds 40 pounds of pellets. There is a nice little window near the pellet box.
This pellet smoker has a water pan you can also use for grease, a sturdy door latch, a small door at the bottom for clean-out, four strong legs that support movement and storage, and a heat deflector at the bottom.
The PIT BOSS PBV3P1 vertical has a versatile smoking option; this will save your space if you have a small area or balcony.
This pellet smoker is the best gift for your dear ones. You can give someone’s birthday or any particular day.
- Saves space
- Double-walled construction
- Heavy unit
- Control Type : VP1 – Digital Control Cnter
- BTU Value : 20700
- Cooking Racks : 6
- Cooking Area : 1853 SQ. IN.
- Hopper Capacity : 55 LBS.
The Pit Boss 7 series is not so different from their other series. However, people like their one more Pit Boss 5 series.
The copperhead seven series comes with advanced and inventive features, and this is easy to use.
The double-wall insulation controls the temperature range inside the cold weather’s cooking chamber.
You can smoke low and slow for over 24 hours with a 40+ lb hopper.
It has 1853 square inches of cooking surface, including six porcelain-coated cooking grates and a heat deflector.
The Pit Boss 7 series comes with a large viewing window from where you can monitor the smoking meat.
The large hopper with 60 pound capacity in the back and half of 40 pounds pellets fits inside of this smoker. A side window is there, near the hopper, to check the fuel level.
The meat probe allows you to go from 150 to 450 degrees to use this smoker in cold weather.
A removable porcelain-coated water pan is located near the cabinet’s base, filling with marinades to add more flavor.
It has a grease tray to collect the drippings at the bottom, which you can easily slide and clean, and four locking caster wheels for placement and portability.
The door is completely sealed, and it has a sturdy latch to stop the leakage.
This smoker is entirely digital. It has a control panel board to control the whole smoking process. So without worry, you can do your other things simultaneously.
- Temp range from 150 to 450
- Porcelain coated tray and drip pan
- Quality construction
- Single meat probe
- You have to clean hopper after each session
- Body Dimensions (without legs) : 24 in. L x 36 in. H x 15.5 in. W
- Cooking Rack Dimensions : 21.5 in. x 14 in. (301 sq. in.)
- Eight Rack Cooking Area : 2408 sq. in.
- Hopper Capacity : 18 lbs. of pellets
- Overall Height (with legs) : 55 in.
- Overall Weight : 145 lbs.
- Total Output : 33,000 BTUs/Hr.
This is an upgrade to the previous XXL smoker by Camp Chef. The old version is discontinued and now is available with wifi.
The Camp Chef XXL Vertical Pellet smoker is a versatile and high-end smoker. It has many good qualities, features, and excellent performance.
Camp Chef comes with an 18 gauge door and walls, 16 gauge drip tray, and 14 gauge baffles.
You can cook multiple foods with seven thick racks, which are 21 and a half inches wide by 14 inches deep.
This grill came with a PID controller and paired with the Camp Chef connect app so that you will be able to know the whole activity of the cooking process.
You can cook a large amount of food because it has three jerky trays and twelve sausage hooks.
Camp Chef has a bottle opener on the front and a built-in towel bar so you can wipe your hands and keep everything clean.
The Camp Chef has locking caster wheels for mobility, a cup for removing the ash, and a grease bucket to catches drippings.
The probe wire comes along with two probes to monitor your cook. It will not go through the door.
If you want to change the pellet flavor in between, you can change. There is a view window in front of the hopper, so it can be easy to check the fuel level.
- PID controller
- Ash clean-out
- Multiple racks
- Well built construction
- Well grease management
- Three jerky racks
- Two temp probes
- Temp range from 150 to 350
- Small dripping cup
- Racks are not chrome coated
Are vertical pellet smokers any good?
Yes Vertical smokers are really good for even smoking. It is also a great solution when space is your concern. Vertical Pellet smokers requires less space .
Are vertical or horizontal pellet smokers better?
Yes Vertical pellet smokers are far better in smoking. Horizontal smokers can do smoking, grilling both. Vertical smoker usually takes less space too.
Who makes the best vertical pellet smoker?
Pit Boss, camp chef, louisiana, and Masterbuilt makes some of the best vertical pellet smokers.
Are pellet smokers cheating?
No. Pellet smokers are not cheating. It simply produces lighter smoke. Which most people actually look for. But if you are into thick smokes then yes you may require some skills for it.