Here I have shared basic steps on How to clean a Pit Boss vertical smoker..
I hope my suggestions and tactics may assist you in cleaning your smoker thoroughly.
Additionally I have also discussed about shutting down a Pit Boss Vertical Smoker, Pit Boss Heating Up Issue, How to remove pellets from Pit Boss Vertical Smoker?
Go ahead to learn the steps…;
- # How to Clean a Pit Boss Vertical Smoker-In Detail
- # Accessories that come in handy with Pit Boss Vertical Smoker.
- # How to shut down a pit boss vertical smoker?
- # What is the smoke temperature on the Pit Boss Vertical Smoker?
- # Which Pit Boss Vertical smoker is best?
- # Why won't my Pit Boss heat up?
- # Can I leave my Pit Boss vertical smoker outside?
- # How to remove pellets from Pit Boss Vertical smoker?
– Learn more about Pit Boss Modifications.
– Recent list of Best Vertical Smokers
– How to Clean Pit Boss Pro Series
– Pit Boss Accessories
– Different vertical smoker cleaning process
# How to Clean a Pit Boss Vertical Smoker-In Detail
Steps to follow:
Step 1: Unplug the smoker
- Unplug your smoker before start the cleaning process.
Step 2: Empty your smoker
- Now you have to remove all interior components from your smoker such as racks, pans, support bracket etc…
Step 3: Clean the interior parts
Wear gloves to avoid grease..
- Scrape the grease from drip pan
- Keep ready solution
- Soak the parts in water
- Put grates, water pan, support brackets, grease tray, drip pan in the sink.
- Let’s Submerge the parts for 30 minutes.
- Let it stay in the solution for 30 minutes so that all the grease becomes soft and easy to clean..
- Scrub all the parts one by one with scrub pad.
- Wash all parts with clean water
- After scrubbing clean thoroughly with clean water.
- Let dry
- Allow all parts to dry before entering the smoker..
Step 4: Glass cleaning
- Remove the glass
- Use gloves and remove the door.
- Spray degreaser on the door glass of the smoker.
- You will spray both sides of the glass door.
- Wait for sometime
- You should wait for a moment to dissolve the degreaser.
- Wipe off
- Scrape the down part
- Wash with clean water
- Take a soaked small towel in water.
- Squeeze and wipe all the messi things.
- Let dry
- Allow the water to dry completely.
Step 5: Interior cleaning
- Spray degreaser
- Now you have to spray inside the smoker with a Pit Boss degreaser.
- You will spray thoroughly all the side or wall of smoker..
- Wait for sometime
- Allow it to sit for a while to dissolve in grease.
- Wipe the degreaser
- Take a paper towel and wipe inside the smoker.
- You will wipe on the walls and bottom of the smoker as well.
Step 6: Exterior cleaning:
- Scrape top part of the smoker
- Take scraper and scrape all around the chimney.
- Spray degreaser
- Now you have to spray degreaser wherever you scraped and leave for sometime.
- Rub with pad and remove all oily stuff.
- Wipe all the grease with a paper towel.
- Remove the cap of the chimney
- Take off the chimney or smokestack
- Remove the nuts and take off the chimney.
- Scrape or rub inside and outside of the smokestack and remove the grease.
- Spray degreaser inner and outside of the chimney.
- Let dissolve the spray..
- Leave for sometime
- Now you can wipe with a paper towel.
- Wipe with warm soapy warm water
- Dip your small towel in to the soapy water.
- Squeeze the towel and wipe all the exterior body of the smoker except the electric part.
- Some people spray degreasing and scrub with a scrubber.
Step 7: Replace all the components
- Now you have to keep back all the components inside the smoker.
# Accessories that come in handy with Pit Boss Vertical Smoker.
- Pit Boss cleaner & degreaser
- La’s Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Fast Orange
- Pit Boss Vertical Smoker control board
- Pit Boss Vertical Smoker door latch
- Pit Boss Vertical Smoker Temperature Probe Sensor
- Pit Boss Vertical Smoker Igniter Kit
- Pit Boss Vertical Smoker temperature probe
- Pit Boss Vertical Smoker cookbook
- Pit Boss Vertical Smoke 3-Series Cover
- Pit Boss Vertical Smoker 5-Series Cover
- Pit Boss Vertical Smoker 7-Series
- Pit Boss Grills Pit Boss 52″ Grill Mat
# How to shut down a pit boss vertical smoker?
Basic steps to shut down a Pit Boss Vertical Smoker :
- Close your smoker’s door and set the temperature to 350°F.
- To go through a “cleaning phase” Pit Boss suggests leaving it running for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let run it for 15 to 20 minutes if the foods are particularly oily.
- After you’ve finished this process, simply lower the temperature to 200°F and wait 5 minutes for it to cool down.
- The unit will then begin its automated cool down cycle once you push and hold the “Power” button.
- The remaining process is automated, and the smoker will turn off when the cycle is over..
# What is the smoke temperature on the Pit Boss Vertical Smoker?
On the Pit Boss vertical smoker, the temperature setting range is 180-210°F/80-100°C..
# Which Pit Boss Vertical smoker is best?
The Pit Boss Grills 77550 5.5 Vertical Pellet Smoker is my overall preference..
It’s ideal for both beginners and intermediate users, because it has a cooking area of nearly 1,500 square inches and it takes a maximum of 35 hours to cook your favorite food.
# Why won’t my Pit Boss heat up?
This occurs when the burn pot does not receive enough oxygen to reach or sustain the appropriate temperature.
You can find out this problem on your own by checking this way..
- To make sure there are no blockages, check the burn pot, the air intake, and the fan.
- The burn pot should be changed if it has holes or is badly rusted.
- Make sure the fan is in functioning order as well.
- The pellets could also be the source of the problem. If more pellets are needed, look inside the hopper.
- Replace the pellets if they are wet to the touch or appear to be damaged in any way.
- You can also inspect the temperature probe by wiping it with a moist cloth.
- Verify the P setting to confirm that it is set to the required level..
# Can I leave my Pit Boss vertical smoker outside?
Yes, you can…
But it’s not a good idea to leave your smoker outside uncovered if you want it to last.
Although this includes electronics, they must be well sealed and shielded from the elements, usually area of the pellet hopper.
# How to remove pellets from Pit Boss Vertical smoker?
Steps to remove pellets from Pit Boss Vertical smoker :
- Get the bucket..
More than one bucket may be required for a 45 pound hopper so be prepared.
- Keep your bucket underneath the small door which located back of the smoker at the bottom.
- Open that door and let the pellets fall into the bucket.
- Shake your smoker little to get more pellets out.
- Then once it is done close the door and screw back..
In conclusion, maintaining the cleanliness of your Pit Boss Vertical Smoker is crucial for maximizing durability and performance.
The efficiency of the smoker may be maintained and potential problems can be avoided by routinely cleaning the interior and exterior of the smoker of ash, grease, and debris.
A thorough and secure cleaning procedure will be ensured by adhering to the manufacturer’s cleaning recommendations and using the proper cleaning tools and solutions.
Your Pit Boss Vertical Smoker will continue to produce delectable and flavorful results for many smoking sessions to come with regular cleaning and maintenance.