Here I have explained most of your queries about Old Country Gravity Fed Smoker Mods.
I have always struggled to find proper information on the Mods.
Therefore, I have tried to share the best of helpful information from my experiences in doing and learning about the mods.
I have tried to cover some common queries like:
- Using Temperature Gauge.
- Hopper lid mods.
- Using Billows Fan Kit.
- Old Country Gravity Fed Smoker Cover.
Old Country Gravity Fed Smoker Mods- learn & apply.
Incase you are looking for
- Char-Griller Gravity Fed 980 Review: Dive deep into the features, pros, and cons of the Char-Griller Gravity Fed 980 and find out if it’s the right fit for your outdoor cooking needs.
- Masterbuilt Gravity Series 800 Review: Explore a comprehensive review of the Masterbuilt Gravity Series 800, and discover its usability, functionality, and reliability in outdoor settings.
- Understanding Gravity Fed Smokers: Gain insights into the mechanics, benefits, and unique features of gravity-fed smokers and how they can elevate your outdoor cooking experience.
- Masterbuilt Gravity Series 1050 vs 560: Compare the features, performance, and specifications of the Masterbuilt Gravity Series 1050 and 560 to make an informed decision for your next purchase.
- Best Gravity Fed Smokers: Explore a curated list of the best gravity-fed smokers available in the market, and find the one that suits your preferences and needs the most.
- Old Country Gravity Fed Smoker Review: Delve into a detailed review of the Old Country Gravity Fed Smoker, assessing its performance, durability, and overall value.
- Char-Griller Gravity 980 Mods: Discover various modifications and upgrades for the Char-Griller Gravity 980 to enhance its functionality and improve your cooking experience.
- Masterbuilt 560 vs. 800 vs. 1050: Discover your desired gravity smoker.
# Mod 1: Using Temperature Gauge
The temperature gauge that came with the Old Country gravity fed smoker shows the wrong temperature. Since the stem of the temperature gauge is short.
You will need to change or replace the temperature gauge.
- Tel-Tru UT300 Barbecue Thermometer, 3 inch aluminum dial, 6 inch stem.
- Remove the built-in temperature gauge.
- Get the Tel-Tru temperature gauge and insert the stem into the same hole.
# Mod 2: Hopper lid mods
The hopper lid gets damaged by the heat and smoke of the charcoal.
The inner portion of the lid will have to be covered.
- Tin foil.
- You can buy a ready-made cover kit of Masterbuilt Gravity smoker.
Visit to my other post Masterbuilt 1050 mods for more information..
- Purchase the tin foil.
- Then fold it according to the hopper lid size.
- Then place the foil over the hopper and close the lid.
- Or you can use a cover kit.
# Mod 3: Using Billows Fan Kit
It controls the temperature; if it drops too low, the fan turns on, and the temperature rises.
- Thermoworks- Billows Fan Kit
- Smoke Thermometer
- Billows Mounting Kit
- Thermometer Power Adaptor
- Signals Thermometer
- An air valve is located on the ash box door of the Old Country Gravity smoker.
- Insert billows fan kit into the air valve.
- Then connect the thermometer to the fan kit through the adapter.
# Mod 4: Old Country Gravity Fed Smoker Cover
Lack of cover to fit an Old Country Gravity Smoker.
Don’t worry there is a solution for this too. We can use Masterbuilt covers that fit this smoker.
# Does the Old Country Gravity Fed have a cover and ash tray?
No. Old Country Gravity Fed doesn’t come with a cover and ash tray.
However as I mentioned earlier you can use the Masterbuilt cover.
I am sharing a video of an ash pan, I hope it will help you…
My advice is to let the hardware store make the ashtray.
You may also search ash pan online, make sure they fit your smoker.
# Can you add a water pan to this smoker?
Yes, you can add a water pan to this smoker.
# Can I use wood with charcoal?
Yes, you can use wood with charcoal as a fuel.
# How to turn up the heat in an Old Country gravity fed smoker?
Here are the two tips to turn up the heat in an Old Country gravity fed smoker.
Initially, as the device heats up, leave the side firebox door wide open.
However, You must pay close attention to it to make sure it doesn’t become too hot.
But at least this approach will ensure that it gets enough oxygen.
Second, purchasing an automatic temperature controller is the better and more popular solution.
I have already talked about the Billows Fan Kit, which enables you to adjust the temperature you want.
These suggested modifications for the Old Country Gravity Fed Smoker, in conclusion, provide worthwhile improvements for your smoking experience. Temperature regulation and heat distribution are enhanced by installing tuning plates, gasket seals, and heat deflectors. Convenience and effectiveness are increased by including a charcoal basket, ash pan, and smokestack extension. You can customize your Old Country Gravity Fed Smoker for excellent results and joyful smoking sessions by making these changes.